wa day's life in kl


Feeling mood at the moment.

About ryuu

28 this year (2007)

Current location: Kuala Lumpur

Currently reading

Your Money or Your Life

Currently listening to

s@lsa songs
Iowa's 107.5 FM

Wish list

click here (amazon wish list)



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.




wFavourite blogs

mysterious world

brown paper packages

minishorts

La Vie Est Belle

hilmy

beng (never update)

xes

sui lin

No Hassle (MIA)

graceshu (MIA)

snoflek

bluek

yu san

loopymeals

gina

michaelooi

oliviasy

viewtru

winterblossom

burntmuffins

dabido




wLinkroll:




This page is powered by Blogger. Why isn't yours?
wThursday, October 17, 2002


s@lsa @ day 2

actually, not really day 2, but hell, i'll put day 2 anyway :P. there isn't actually a s@lsa class yesterday and i wasn't informed coz they forgot to insert my email address in their mailing list.

7pm. Scene : KTM (bangi -> KL sentral)
Inside the KTM, guess what book I was reading. smart. "Kane and Abel", gonna finish the book, just several more chapters... I'm gonna be late for the 7pm class. Well, not like I can join it anyway, legs still wobbly from the game at the arcade in Mid Valley on Sunday. Just shows how long I haven't been exercising my legs, eh? ;)

8pm. Scene : LRT (KL sentral -> KLCC)
Still reading the book, a bittt more.. yay, finally gonna finish the book. The story is soOooOooOOOoo good! Anyway, I'm already late. Trying to rehearse what I'm gonna tell the instructors, "hi! i'm sorry i'm late.. i can't join the class anyway, i don't think my legs will allow me to dance tonite.. u guys go on, i'll just watch and learn". urgh, i suck at giving excuses.

8.30pm. Scene : El Nino
Walking into the pub, kind of surprised coz the lights were on (usually it's in dim mode). Two kinda cute girls saw me, and from their expression I thought I was being expected. Oh wow, what have I done wrong now :P. I didn't even know them. Did I notice a "Wanted" poster with my face in front just now when I walk in? I don't remember seeing it, I think.. One of the girls then held up a small box, opened it, and I saw a little brown stick inside. She went on, "Sir, have one.." When I realized what it was (i must be like dungu like that, didn't know what it was earlier), I replied, "No thanks, I don't smoke". I'm already regretting the decision not to accept the cigar :P.

Helium filled balloons were everywhere, floating on the ceiling, with ribbons tied to them. Everybody were crowding around the dance floor, and when I got a better look, I saw girls dressed skimpily (wow XP, i'll try to hide my excitement, hehe) dancing some kind of choreography dance. I thought, "hmm, some kind of celebration here.. any company celebrations or what.... the girls must have thought i'm an employee of the company that booked the entire place..". I watched the show (along with the other guys crowding around the dance floor, hehe *evil grin*), and then I asked the guy next to me "hey, excuse me.. what the hell is going on?" (of course i excluded the "the hell" word XP). he said "anniversary celebration". Oh. El Nino celebrating their anniversary. Cool XP.

I went upstairs to look for the class (usually they hold the class upstairs). Nobody. Hmm. I thought at least there were class. Anything I missed, I wonder. Looked around carefully, still nobody. Hmm. Did they finish the class earlier? Usually they'll hang out longer.. probably they're down there checking out the girls. Hmm. I went downstairs, and I saw everybody enjoying themselves, either a mug in hand, or glasses on the table. Pretty normal in a pub. Wanting to blend in rather than looking like a freshed faced boy with a book in hand, I went to the bar to order a mug of beer.

"Excuse me, a mug of beer, please". The guy nodded and gave me a glass of beer instead. I thought I ordered a mug. Oh well. I asked, "how much?" while mentally calculating that it would be around RM 7 since it's still happy hours' time. To my surprise, he said, "No need sir, free." Oh wow. Another surprise. Free flow of beer. Hihi. (i will again attempt to hide my excitement, hehehe). I went out and sat at a stool, watching the performance. By this time, an emcee was giving away lucky draw prizes. I sat and enjoyed my beer, while sms-ing my instructor, asking whether there's any class. She replied, saying that they're gonna have performance in a while, about to start, asking whether I was there. I sms-ed back to affirm her question. Cool, s@lsa show, hehe.

I won't go into details about the show, you gotta see for yourself. It's so amazing how people can dance like that.. the footwork, the communication... so cool. ^_^. After the show, my instructors joined me (1 guy, 2 girls) and we chatted for a while. 2 of them left, leaving only 1 instructor with me. She's really good, so I was kinda disappointed I never learned s@lsa earlier, can't ask her out to dance.

Everybody was dancing decent s@lsa at the dance floor. Man, this is definitely NOT me. Usually, in discos with my fren, I would be the first to get down the dance floor, inviting girls to dance etc (of course, after getting decently high) and telling my fren "if i get bashed up, you gotta help me, k?". Okay, that's a joke, but I not gonna tell you whether I meant it or not . I can't believe I just sat there all the time while people were enjoying themselves. Okay, not all the time, I danced cha cha and a normal disco-type of dance with my instructor, coz they weren't playing s@lsa music at a certain period of time.. just normal disco music. But still...... well, I feel rather intimidated dancing with my instructor, although dancing happens quite naturally to me when I'm in discos. Not like I've never danced before. Seriously, I've never felt intimidated dancing with a girl before. Damn. I really gotta polish my s@lsa moves. Hehe.

I left the place with mixed feelings. First, rather dejected coz I hate to be left out of all the fun and action, and second, I'll just sum it up with what I told myself.

"I'm going to learn s@lsa seriously."


posted by ryuu at 2:09 PM