wa day's life in kl


Feeling mood at the moment.

About ryuu

28 this year (2007)

Current location: Kuala Lumpur

Currently reading

Your Money or Your Life

Currently listening to

s@lsa songs
Iowa's 107.5 FM

Wish list

click here (amazon wish list)



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.




wFavourite blogs

mysterious world

brown paper packages

minishorts

La Vie Est Belle

hilmy

beng (never update)

xes

sui lin

No Hassle (MIA)

graceshu (MIA)

snoflek

bluek

yu san

loopymeals

gina

michaelooi

oliviasy

viewtru

winterblossom

burntmuffins

dabido




wLinkroll:




This page is powered by Blogger. Why isn't yours?
wMonday, May 26, 2003


miao miao

seeing somebody having some prob with a certain software and solving it in myjug (malaysia java users group) kind of reminds me of my experience with that software quite some time ago.

I remember my first encounter with tomcat.. I was desperately looking for a solution with a problem I had. When I was doing my industrial training, I used iPlanet Application Server, and when I got back to university for my final semester of the final year, I need to write a web application for my final year project.

Like most students, I procrastinate and left the coding till 5 days before submission. And I installed iAS to start coding, and it failed. No CD key (damn).

So I got back Java Web Server (or something like that, JWS, JSWDK, either one) which I used so much earlier on during the course of my very first phase of servlets and jsps learning cycle, and installed it. I managed to install it and I start coding. All went well until the next 2 days when....

there was some problems with my codes. I checked, and re-checked, and found that there is nothing wrong with my codes. Then I found out that JWS (and even jswdk) at that time doesn't support JSP 1.1, only 1.0 (cannot use RequestDispatcher). iAS supports 1.1, therefore I used to be able to use RequestDispatcher to redirect pages. Since I can't use iAS, and I used RequestDispatcher all over my servlets, I was neck-deep in deep shit.

I scrambled off to find other servlet runners, and I stumbled onto Tomcat. Installed it, and miraculously my code ran without hitches.

P.S. In case any of you are wondering what I got for that project, I got an A :)


posted by ryuu at 10:41 AM