wa day's life in kl


Feeling mood at the moment.

About ryuu

28 this year (2007)

Current location: Kuala Lumpur

Currently reading

Your Money or Your Life

Currently listening to

s@lsa songs
Iowa's 107.5 FM

Wish list

click here (amazon wish list)



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.




wFavourite blogs

mysterious world

brown paper packages

minishorts

La Vie Est Belle

hilmy

beng (never update)

xes

sui lin

No Hassle (MIA)

graceshu (MIA)

snoflek

bluek

yu san

loopymeals

gina

michaelooi

oliviasy

viewtru

winterblossom

burntmuffins

dabido




wLinkroll:




This page is powered by Blogger. Why isn't yours?
wSunday, November 19, 2006


Credit card & Frequent flier #2

UOB / Asiamiles

At the same time, I have an Asiamiles membership card too. This kinda happened by accident. I was in HK visiting a friend 4 yrs ago, and at the airport, while walking with my friend, I was approached by this young looking guy peddling this stuff. Not wanting to be rude in front of my friend, I talked to him nicely and ended up having an AsiaMiles membership. I mean, what can I lose, right?

For 3 years this card stayed dormant, and one day when I was scheduled to travel on Cathay Pacific, I remembered having this card, and provided the membership number during check in.

Fast forward to today, I'm an Asiamiles silver member (just recently), which means I have privileged access to its Business Class lounges, and I also have the privilege of checking in at the Business Class check-in counter - no more long queues! Oh, and that applies to boarding as well!

I didn't realize the actual scale of this privilege, until I flew back recently. At an AA counter (which is a partner with Asiamiles), I managed to skip a queue that is 20+ people in length to a..... non existent queue! And when I was boarding the flight from HK to KUL, I skipped a queue at the boarding gate (I was late...) that is 30+ people in length to ... another non existent queue! No queues! I'm thrilled! :P

Anyway, back to the topic. I pretty like UOB credit card offers.. some of its cards offer a free renewal with at least 6 transactions per year. Considering I have a minimum of 6 transactions per month on the past 3 months alone, I'm pretty sure I can handle that. And they offer 3 kinds of rewards program, its own, Enrich and Asiamiles. Basically you can convert their own UNIRinggit points to Enrich and/or Asiamiles.

Okay, back to the calculations.

  • * UOB offers 1 UNIRinggit to RM 1 spent.

  • * 1 Asiamiles points is equivalent to 6 UNIRinggits.

  • * A Cathay Pacific KUL - HK roundtrip economy flight costs around RM 3000.

  • * As reference, a MAS airlines flight from KUL - HK roundtrip economy flight costs around RM 1200.
  • * Redemption for the same Cathay Pacific flight costs 35000 miles.


The difference in the price confuses me. I'm not sure which one to use for the reference point. Hmm. I guess we'll try using RM 1200 for now.

Value per point = 1200/35000 = RM 0.0342857
Value per RM spent = 0.0342857/6 = RM 0.0057143


posted by ryuu at 8:08 PM