wa day's life in kl


Feeling mood at the moment.

About ryuu

28 this year (2007)

Current location: Kuala Lumpur

Currently reading

Your Money or Your Life

Currently listening to

s@lsa songs
Iowa's 107.5 FM

Wish list

click here (amazon wish list)



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.




wFavourite blogs

mysterious world

brown paper packages

minishorts

La Vie Est Belle

hilmy

beng (never update)

xes

sui lin

No Hassle (MIA)

graceshu (MIA)

snoflek

bluek

yu san

loopymeals

gina

michaelooi

oliviasy

viewtru

winterblossom

burntmuffins

dabido




wLinkroll:




This page is powered by Blogger. Why isn't yours?
wFriday, January 05, 2007


EPF super idiots

Did you hear about the RM 15 million deal for a company worth about 4.67% that amount? Can't understand the impact of this? Imagine exchanging RM 20 that you have now with RM 1. That's the kind of deal our friendly EPF who manages 23% of what we earn in our lifetime did. I hope this is not like cockroaches, for every 1 you find there's 20 that remains hidden...

As soon as my Account 1 hits 55k, I'm signing up for the mutual fund program thingy. I'll have to research to see whether low-load index funds are included in this program. I don't want to give 7% away (and 1.5% annually henceforth) everytime I buy into it.

Update #1: To be fair, they issued a press release in defense. But where are the facts?

Link: EPF's press release

Update #2: Tried looking around in the newly revamped EPF website, but couldn't find any info on the mutual fund program thingy. I can only find the list of appointed fund management institutions in the google cache. Crap now I have to go through them one by one to see if any of them sells index funds.

Update #3: Found it!


posted by ryuu at 3:43 PM